Thursday, January 12, 2006

Jokes

Jokes.

Jokes are funny.

I like jokes.

Jokes make me laugh.

Sometimes I want to cry. But then I think of a joke and instead it makes me laugh.

Sometimes I really want to cry. When my insides really hurt and the doctors don't know what to do to make it better.

That's when I like to think of my most funniest joke in the whole wide world. I think about it for a long time and even if it doesn't make me laugh it usually stops me from crying.

Mum says that when I was little and I felt icky all she had to do was rub me on the belly and I'd feel better.

Maybe that's what did it. All the rubbing.

The doctors don't know why it happened. Mum says they don't know everything.

Dad says they don't know anything. But stress makes him grumpy. Or that's what mum says to me when dad goes out of the room to get a coffee or have a smoke or go to the little boy's room.

My favourite joke is this one:

Q. What noise did the boy make when he laughed his head off?
A. Ha ha bonk.

I like it cos it's clever and you have to think to work out why it's funny. That's the best kind of jokes. Only not if you have to think really hard when everyone else is already laughing. Then you have to pretend that you understand it and laugh a bit too. That's what you have to do.

This is my favourite joke too because it has a boy in it and I'm a boy. And the boy has something wrong with him, well he has after his head has fallen off anyway.

Sometimes I wish my head would fall off and roll away then I could leave the hospital and see lots of interesting things as I roll down the hill into town. Also I wouldn't be able to feel the hurtiness in my tummy. I wonder if I would feel very dizzy and sick with rolling down the hill even though my tummy was still here in the hospital and I couldn't actually be sick. Only open my mouth and pretend.

Mum's calls it the dry heaves. I get that sometimes.

I also like jokes about chickens. Why did the chicken cross the road? That kind of joke is funny because it isn't funny. And that makes it funny. Unfunny funny jokes are good because you have to know that the person telling the joke is doing that on purpose. It makes you feel like you understand something that other people understand.

The doctor's don't understand what is wrong with me.

But they keep trying new drugs and things.

I don't know what it is.

But I know it's not a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home